Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Beginning in the Mountains

The 1st of June cannot come quickly enough, nor do I have enough time to do all that needs to be done. From that date a new beginning will present itself and I will jump full on into that blissfully miserable void. I am leaving behind everything I own besides that which I can carry on my back and will be backpacking across the country. In hand I will have my guitar, my cameras, and my journal to which I will try to document every instance in which life presents itself to me. To say I'm excited would be an understatement, to presume I'm unafraid would be naive, so lets just say that I am looking forward with delightful trepidation.
I hope to log my journey here whenever I can so that the few people I know can follow my progress, and if along the way I meet some happy strangers, they too are welcome to read.

The plan is to head West from my current location (Boise, Idaho) and into Oregon. I will then travel along the coast and down into California. From there it will be across the vast desert plains, into the fields of eternity, and perhaps onto the Appalachian trail to NYC. We'll see how this plan holds up. I look forward to writing my adventure and meeting all who are interested.

No comments: