Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Fool's Game


A few days ago I informed my parents of the trip. My mother was belligerent, as is often her course of action, while my step-father was very calm and reserved. My mother often incited how it's not the '60s, how there are "weirdos" out there, that I think I know everything, and that no one just walks across the country anymore. I told them that I am a fool, that I know nothing, and that if no one does it that makes my attempt all that much better.


Familial love is a powerful thing. It's strong enough to heal the world but instead exhausts its energy in tearing itself apart with worry.

2 comments:

risa said...

It's an interesting thing. She's so worried about you, rightly so, yet she ignores that you will not be alone.

I'm glad you posted this. I send wishes and luck to camp by your side.

Tamra said...

Indeed. I'm sure if we were in the same locality we could talk each others ears off about the hows and whys of peoples communications, particularly parental figures. ;)


Thank you for your well wishes, I appreciate them immensely.