Friday, May 16, 2008

A Life in Boxes

I am furiously packing my life away in boxes. Each meager and pitiful thing finding a home among its dusty companions, all the things I don't need and hardly used. It's funny to see how my priorities work out. The first thing I packed away was clothes. Copious ammounts of clothing that I've held onto for years because I never knew when I'd be able to replace it. So many articles that have travelled across the country numerous times that I can hear their imaginary petulant voices ringing out at the injustice of the box. Next was knickknacks, things I never bought for myself but felt I should hang onto out of some sense of duty. My hobbies are being packed away next, one by one, their importance fades in the pressing need to be gone. And with each item that's put away, all I can think is, "I don't need you."

No comments: